The Salomon Adventure Challenge is the FASTEST GROWING Adventure Race Series in Canada!
Designed as a fun, first step into adventure racing, each event thrills you, inspires you, and leaves your team with a thirst for more. No experience is necessary to participate and over 90% of teams feel the rush of reaching the finish line. Adventure racing rookies and veterans agree, the Salomon Adventure Challenge Series is ADDICTIVE!
During the SUMMER AND WINTER months, Open and Coed teams of three participate in a 5-8 hour adventure, covering roughly 40+ km using a variety of human-powered methods - Canoes, Mountain Bikes, Cross-Country Skis, Snowshoes, on Foot, and even
Each Salomon Adventure Challenge we stage draws on our years of experience as Canada's top adventure racing team and through organizing over 40 wilderness-based races since 1998. This guarantees that your team will be treated to an impeccably organized and incredibly fun challenge that offers a true taste of the spirit of adventure racing.
2004 SEASON SCHEDULE
We are assembling what is shaping up to be a
great 2004 season at FAR. We have been busy crafting some
challenging and fun races for the Salomon Adventure Challenge and
Raid the North series, as well as the 2004 AR World Championship.
Thanks to everyone who responded to our surveys--we have taken
your suggestions to heart and we will be making some new and exciting
changes to our races. While we can't share details just yet, we're
very excited about our 2004 race locations. We'll be bringing
adventure racing to many new regions of Canada, as well as
returning to a few old favorites.
We will be announcing our 2004 Raid the North
schedule before Christmas, with registration opening in January.
Our 2004 Salomon Adventure Challenge schedule will be released
early in the new year.
Where To Begin
Wondering how to get started in adventure racing? Here's some great tips to get you going:
- Jump Right In - Just get two friends and learn by doing. Remember, no experience is necessary and over 90% of teams finish the racecourse. This is what most people do so pick a race and have a blast!
- Volunteer - See the action first hand! From Checkpoints to Basecamp, Volunteering is THE way to see what AR is like without actually competing. FAR Inc. strives to put people in whatever role they wish.
- Get Schooled - Take one of our many Adventure Racing Training courses. Taught by
some of Canada's leading adventure racers, you just can't go wrong!
- Get To The Expo - By attending the Canadian Adventure Racing Expo on May 2nd, 2004 at Ontario Place (Toronto), you'll dive right into all that is AR.
- Read Up - Head to the AR Resource Centre and soak in the information. Another great data-piece is past Race Summaries (images, story, stats).
- Give Us A Call - FAR Inc. are the pioneers of AR in Canada and we love talking about the sport. Call us anytime (Toronto: 416-783-4464, Calgary: 403-670-0466).
How the Race Works (PDF)
2004 Rules & Regulations (PDF)
Salomon Adventure Challenge Registration Form